December 20 2014
Only 11 days and we can start cursing again when we write down the date (oh right 2015 *grmbl*)
2014 wasn’t too shabby. Not running wise nor personal.
Quick personal recap: I became a dad for the first time! She’s already eight months now and boy does it go fast!
- Tracked 2274km to date (~1413 miles)
I guess if all goes well I could add another 50 or so in those 11 days but we’ll see
- Bought 2 pair of new shoes
- Pearl Izumi: a brand I had never heard of and will continue buying
- Scott: a trail shoe that fits like a glove
- Ran 6 races which means an average of one every 2 months, way better than expected
- A very low-key trail of 25k that wasn’t a real race (no bibs, no timing) but helped me convince I was ready for longer distances & trails
- A 5k race where I PB’d below 19 minutes
- A 50k which went waay better than I had hoped for – 7 min below my aimed time and relatively fresh (see my PB page for exact timings btw)
- A marathon in one of the nicest settings there are ‘In Flanders Fields’ at Ypres, great way to start the remembrance of WW1. Did this one as a pacer and ended just above 4h. Was very happy with the recovery afterwards etc
- A 56k trail with 1200m of ascension (~3937feet).
This was my ultimate goal of 2014.
I suffered, but in a good way and finished just below 6h.
Distance record, duration record, busted quads record 😀
- 10k run where I broke my PB. Sadly not below 39 minutes, but since short distances weren’t my focus this year, I’m happy that I PB’d!
2015 goals post coming later, just give me some time to look back at this post with a content smile 🙂
I’d love to read about your year, be sure to link me up in the comments!